This exhibition is a visual impression of a splendid, ancient place seen
through the eyes and cameras of some of those who love it deeply. At Mono Lake portrays an area that has been a source of inspiration and solace for many who
have visited and worked there over the years. This exhibit was created in the
belief that there is great value in describing Mono Lake with the clarity and
beauty of these photographs.
This exhibition has been made possible by the generousity of the photographers
and by grants from:
- National Endowment for the Arts
- Friends of the Earth Foundation
- The Mono Lake Coalition
- The Mono Lake Committee
- Sierra Club Foundation and Regional Conservation Committees
- Polaroid Foundation
- and many individual contributors
We also wish to express our thanks to those who gave time and energy to this
- David R. Brower
- Doris Coonrad and the Coonrad family
- David Gaines
- Ken LaJoie
- The Art Museum Association
- and to Brett Weston and Ansel Adams for their early support.
Selection Committee: Stephen Johnson, Al Weber and Don Worth.
with thanks to Don Worth and a special debt to Al Weber.
--Stephen Johnson, Exhibition Coordinator