||“Steve is arguably the first digital photographer--I vividly remember the day
in January 1994 when he told me that he’d shot his last piece of film.
In this sorely-needed book, Steve argues eloquently and passionately that
digital photography is photography first, digital second, and places it in the
wider context of photography’s history and evolution.”
author of Real World Camera Raw with Adobe Photoshop CS,
Real World Color Management, Real World Adobe Photoshop CS
|From the Publisher...
There is something for everyone in this beautiful and definitive guide for digital photography enthusiasts, from cutting edge camera and software techniques to engaging discourse on the history and future of digital photography.
- Johnson is recognized worldwide as a digital photography pioneer and has helped shape the technology that is being developed for today’s (and tomorrow’s) digital photographers.
- Provides an in-depth, visually-reinforced introduction to the fundamentals of digital photography.
- Provides cutting edge techniques for producing and reproducing images of the highest quality, regardless of the equipment you are using, including: composition, color management, color editing, printing, restoration, and more.
- Includes very high quality digital image examples.
- Hones in on “uniquely digital” techniques and fundamental breakthroughs in photography that digital improvements have provided but which many haven’t taken advantage of.
- Includes a fascinating history of electronic imaging and details the transformation of the darkroom to the computertaking us all way up to the future trends in digital photography. This book clearly shows that however far photography has come with technology, we are only at the beginning.
|Book Links (will become live as they are ready)
Book's Table of Contents (as pdf)
Quotes about the Book
- Book and Poster bundle (buy a book, get a poster for 50% off)
- Teacher-classroom bundles (free poster sets with school textbook orders)
- Instructor copy requests (include school, numbers of students and subjects taught)
Register your book for Special Downloads and Offers
Digital Photography Workshops